It’s that time again! Our next TLG Learning Pre-Apprenticeship Network Development Engineer Program is just around the corner which means TLG is here to bring you everything you need to prepare for your Apprenti Assessment.
One of the requirements to qualify for an Apprenticeship or Pre-Apprenticeship program is to pass the Apprenti Assessment with a score of 85 or better. You can take the assessment up to 4 times and only your highest score is kept so if you get a little anxious about tests that should take some pressure off.
The Apprenti Assessment is a multiple-choice exam divided into 3 sections: math, critical thinking, and soft skills. If you take the assessment and you don’t like your score you do not have to wait to retest between your 1st and 2nd attempt. However, there is a 90-day waiting period for the 3rd and 4th attempt.
There are several strategies to prepare for and take the assessment.
At a minimum you want to take a cursory look at the resources provided below. After doing so, you may feel comfortable with the topics and ready to jump right in and take the assessment or you may want to do some further study.
We have a complimentary Critical Thinking Tutorial Workshop scheduled Saturday, March 21 from 9:00am – 12:00pm.
To Register for the Workshop through Eventbrite please Click Here.
Remember, you’ve got 4 shots at the exam so don’t feel like you’ve got to knock it out of the park on the first try or psych yourself out and never take it! Taking the assessment multiple times is also looked upon favorably, since it shows your persistence and determination to get into the program.
We strongly recommend using the resources below to help you prep for the assessment.
Good luck! We’d love to see you in the program.
- GMAT Critical Reasoning: Tips, Practice, Strategies, and Questions.
- This one is from a commercial prep company, but they also have some nice free advice:
- If you have an Amazon Kindle Unlimited account, there are a ton of books you can look up for free. Just search for GMAT critical reasoning in the Kindle Unlimited search box. If you don’t have an account, you can sign up for a 30-day free trail to access the books.
- e-GMAT is not a free site, but they also have a 30-day free trail. You can access videos, e-books, and practice questions with answers.
- Khan Academy focuses on mathematics: fractions, algebra, and geometry.
- ILX focuses on mathematics: percent’s, ratios, rates, and proportions.
You can find more information on our Career Programs on our website.
Ready to take the Assessment? Click Here.
Note: If you are viewing this after March 21, please check back in May for new Critical Thinking Tutorial Workshop dates.