Software Development Engineer
Our intensive software developer training and placement program prepares students to confidently enter the workforce in a mid-tier role as a software developer or engineer.
You’ll master the sought-after skills employers are actively looking for, from developing code to architecting software solutions.
Get the end-to-end training, support and job placement resources you need to kickstart a successful career.
TLG Career Results For Software Development Engineers
Statistics 1/1/2020 – 4/30/2022
95% Graduation Rate
$93,000 Average Entry Level Pay
98% Placed within 60 days of graduation
|18 Intensive Weeks (630 hours)
|Mon-Fri 7:30am – 3:30pm Pacific Time
|In-Class or Remote
The Software Development Engineer career program provides students with hands-on opportunities to learn and practice software development skills in real-world scenarios. Course exercises include:
- Defining a project
- Creating user stories
- Architecting a solution
- Writing unit tests
- Developing code
- Defining build and deployment pipelines
- Deploying tested, working code to “test” and “production” environments
Software Developer Training Program Overview
Customized Programming Fundamentals and Intermediate (C# or Java)
Develop a solid foundation, advancing to an intermediate level of coding and learn to build software efficiently with Object-oriented programming in Java.
Customized Java Script, Browser API’s, HTML5, CSS3
Customized Intro to Cloud Computing
Learn fundamentals AWS concepts of compute, database, storage, networking, monitoring, and security. Learn how to interact with AWS services to build web solutions.
Learn the fundamentals of Python and Object-oriented programming.
Practical Application of Skills
- Version control, branching and application lifecycle management
- Unit testing, architecting for testability and manual testing
- Automated build and deployment pipelines
- Project delivery through test and into production
GOAL: 18 INTENSIVE WEEKS (630 HOURS)
Veterans: Please contact the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) for certification exam reimbursement. Exams are not included in your tuition cost. Exams may take more than one attempt for certifications.
Certificate Achieved at Successful Completion
Job Placement Services
Start a Career in one of the
fastest-growing areas of the economy.
IT careers are one of the fastest-growing areas of the economy and career prospects are excellent. TLG’s programs are delivered in partnership with the WTIA, local hiring employers, and government agencies.
Our Programs Include
- Career-oriented Social Media
- LinkedIn optimization
- Resume and Cover Letter writing tools
- Interview methods and tools
- Personal narrative building
- Ongoing, weekly group sessions on career development strategies
Once you graduate, you can expect
- One-to-one weekly career planning and coaching until placement
- One-to-one interview preparation and feedback session, as needed
- Personal introductions to TLG Learning’s partner employers
- Introduction to Apprenti for any upcoming apprenticeships
Our long-term partnerships with major IT companies
provide opportunities for placement at the successful completion of the training program. Recent IT program graduates moved into their apprenticeships or direct IT jobs with companies like: